3M Safety Network Forum Etiquette
- Visit often, browse and post – This Community is intended for open and honest discussion. Asking questions and helping others will keep the Community lively and interesting. While sometimes constructive critiques are a natural part of open discussion, all comments must be respectful to other members of the Community.
- Search before posting – If you have a relevant question, there is a chance it has already been asked and answered. A quick search in previous conversation threads may find your solution.
- Stay on Topic – Please keep messages productive by keeping the subject matter of posts on topic with the board focus. If you want to comment on a different issue, look for the appropriate board and start a new thread. Avoid personal topics and posts that refer to controversial off-topic subjects such as religion, politics, race, nationality, gender or sexual orientation.
- Keep your personal information private – You are discouraged from sharing personal information in public posts. To share personal information (such as email address) with other Community members use the private message function. Sharing the personal information of others is prohibited.
- Terms & Conditions – Always adhere to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
3M Safety Network Terms and Conditions
The 3M Safety Network is an online platform intended for use by Health & Safety Professionals to discuss topics, share experiences, resolve issues, and get advice from Health & Safety peers and 3M.
By participating in this Community, Users agree to the following:
- 3M expects Users of these pages to be professional and respectful in their use. While Users remain responsible for their posts, 3M reserves the right to immediately remove or moderate postings it deems inappropriate.
- Users should only post information which they have the right to share and use. Users are recommended not to copy or post materials of others (e.g. photos, articles, and video) on this page without ensuring that appropriate permission has been given to do so.
- Users should not post anything which might violate or infringe any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights. Users should not post links to websites that offer downloads which do or may violate intellectual property rights of others.
- Your screen name must not contain expletives, obscenities or other terminology that could be seen as offensive. 3M reserves the right to remove and replace such names without warning.
- All comments, suggestions, recommendations, or other information, including any comments submitted by Users are received strictly on a non-confidential basis. 3M shall be free to use your comments, without permission of or compensation to the submitter, for any purpose, on a worldwide basis.
- 3M may use your comments to change, adapt or create 3M products or services; Users agree that they have no rights whatsoever over their comments or to the 3M products or services developed or modified in consequence of or arising from them.
- The Community is not intended as a platform for new products or idea’s that Users would like to send to 3M. For legal and practical reasons 3M can only accept and assess an idea for a new product if it is protected by a granted or issued patent. For further information please follow the guidelines posted on: www.3M.com/submityouridea
- 3M does not endorse and is not responsible for the comments, references, opinions, claims, advice, website links or other content shared in the Community by any User. 3M cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any post. This Community is provided on an “as is” basis, with no warranties as to content or materials. It is ultimately the responsibility of the employer to select the most appropriate PPE based on a full risk assessment.
- Any information or content provided on or in relation to this Community by 3M or otherwise are for general guidance only and no reliance should be placed on such information. It is ultimately the responsibility of the employer to select the most appropriate PPE based on a full risk assessment.
- 3M retains the rights and ownership over any content or materials provided for or posted in, or in relation to, the Community by 3M Company, its Affiliates, employees or associates.
- The Community is intended for use by residents of the UK and Ireland and all information and content is for general guidance in this region only.
- By registering to the 3M Safety Network you consent to receiving future marketing communications from 3M United Kingdom plc, including information on 3M product or service launch information. Users can unsubscribe from marketing communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided.